Re: emacs (un)stability under osx 10.3

From: Sébastien Kirche
Subject: Re: emacs (un)stability under osx 10.3
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 10:34:17 +0100

Le 9 févr. 2004, à 22:00, Piet van Oostrum a écrit :

By the way, how did you enable image support? The configure script only
includes image support when X11 is selected. Is it possible to have image
support with Carbon?

Yes, images can be displayed by emacs-carbon :^)

For image support, I applied both patches from  Mitsuharu Yamamoto :
- emacs-carbon-image-20040113.diff.bz2 (http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2004-01/msg00230.html) - additional patch (http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2004-01/msg00257.html)

These patches work great : i.e i can now see the graphical gnus logo, smillies (only the monochrome version, but iirc xpm format is not supported) and xfaces. Btw, i have not used any other emacs feature that would display a picture - the startup screen does not display any pic.

For the 3 mouse button emulation i applied the recent patch (http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2004-02/msg00156.html) that works flawlessly and adds great handling improvement to my mac Emacs (Thanks!) :^)

To build my version, i use to launch "mac/make-package --self-contained" that must define a --enable-carbon-app and a --without-x and builds a mac installer with a "compact" application.

Regards,
Sébastien Kirche