macroexpand-all

From: Miles Bader
Subject: macroexpand-all
Date: 09 Feb 2004 18:06:31 +0900

One of the cl functions Martin wanted for cc-mode was `macroexpand-all'.

I'd like to add the following file to emacs, `lisp/emacs-lisp/macroexp.el',
which implements `macroexpand-all'.  I wrote it for my lexical-binding
branch, in which _all_ compiler macroexpansion is done using macroexpand-all
on top-level file forms, so it's received a fair bit of testing (at least,
all of emacs lisp code has passed through it :-).

One unusual point is that this implementation also tries to avoid consing in
the case where a form contains no macros (as is true of many).

Any objections/comments?

Thanks,

-Miles
--
`The suburb is an obsolete and contradictory form of human settlement'