Re: Proposal: emacs -Q option

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Proposal: emacs -Q option
Date: 05 Feb 2004 10:26:28 +0900

address@hidden (Kim F. Storm) writes:
>         emacs -q --no-site-file --no-splash
>               --eval '(blink-cursor-mode -1)'
>               --eval '(tool-bar-mode -1)'
>               --eval '(scroll-bar-mode -1)'
>               --eval '(tooltip-mode -1)'
>               --eval '(setq visible-bell t)'
>
> (the last line is because the audible bell drives me crazy).
>
> I propose to add a -Q option which is equivalent to this, i.e.
>
>         emacs -Q
>
> does the same thing as the above call.
>
> Objections anyone?

I like the idea, but please omit the `visible-bell' setting -- that
seems unrelated.

BTW, another nice option for testing would be something to suppress the
use of x-resource; doing `xrdb -remove' works but then I've got to put
them back aftwards, and that won't help for ~/.X<whatever-the-file-is-called>
which is read directly instead of through the server.

-Miles
--
I'd rather be consing.