Re: Showing end of buffer

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Showing end of buffer
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 16:09:23 -0500

    > That's what I would expect, too.  Lines don't necessarily come near
    > the right margin, so the indicator in the right margin can be far
    > away from the text.  They should all be on the left.

    But there may be a continuation glyph there if the last line is a
    continuation of the previous line.

That is an annoying problem.  But I still think it should go on
the left.  We should not let that obscure case make us handle

    Where should the up and down arrows go?  In the left fringe as well?

What do the up and down arrows mean?
(I have not seen this code running as of yet.)