Re: Improving the gtk2 port

From: Jan D.
Subject: Re: Improving the gtk2 port
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 14:56:09 +0100

Yelp is a Gnome Help system browser, it supports rendering DocBook via
XSLT, and has earlier (in Gnome 2.4) supported rendering info pages as
well. I think the latest one (in CVS, to come with Gnome 2.6 in March)
is not capable of rendering info files anymore, because lead
developer (Shaun McCance I think) didn't have time to adjust the
backend with new big changes in the program.

So, it's currently not needed to worry about Yelp-integration, at
least until Yelp gets info browsing support back.

Thanks for the info. I'm not sure what is meant by "integration" though.
Is the suggestion that Emacs use yelp to display info manuals?  Why
would any Emacs user want that, especially since one has used Emacs
own info reader for several years and on platforms where yelp is not
available?  Anyway, you say this is nothing to worry about, so lets not.

        Jan D.