Re: Incomplete output from "cvs annotate"

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: Incomplete output from "cvs annotate"
Date: 20 Jan 2004 00:39:51 +0100

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

> > I haven't checked pcl-cvs, but I suppose it could use a similar
> > remedy for the problems it has with cvs+ssh?!
>
> PCL-CVS uses both stdout and stderr, so redirecting it to /dev/null is not
> an option.  Redirecting it to a separate file is not an option either
> because the interleaving is also relevant (i.e. used by PCL-CVS).

Yes, cvs stdout/stderr usage is a mess...

>                Andreas Schwab's wrapper script is the best workaround
> I know, and I don't think people have figured out whether the bug is in CVS,
> SSH, or libc.

In any case, this problem should be prominently documented in PROBLEMS
_and_ INSTALL.CVS.

Maybe we could install Andreas' script in etc and point people to use that.

We could even let vc-cvs and pcl-cvs override CVS_RSH to point to that
script if the original value is "ssh"