savannah cvs checkout from behind a firewall

From: Sébastien Kirche
Subject: savannah cvs checkout from behind a firewall
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 16:26:05 +0100

Hi,

since savannah's hack and the replacement of the cvs pserver access, i am unable to perform anonymous emacs checkouts/updates.
I am with Mac OSX 10.3 (Panther) and *behind a firewall*.

I followed instructions from Andrew Choi's page :
setenv CVS_RSH "ssh"
cvs -z3 -d:ext:address@hidden:/cvsroot/emacs co emacs

But it can't work :
ssh: connect to host savannah.gnu.org port 22: Operation timed out
cvs [checkout aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if any)

There is no additionnal message.

Given my http firewall/proxy ip address and port, where/how can i specify those to cvs ?

Thanks very much if anyone can give me the trick.
Sébastien Kirche