Re: Drag and drop patch for X, please review.

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Drag and drop patch for X, please review.
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 19:40:09 -0500

On Sat, Jan 17, 2004 at 05:35:19PM +0100, Jan D. wrote:
> You can currently drop file names and text.  Files will be opened
> and text inserted (at mouse position).  Http urls and such are just
> ignored, probably there is something more intelligent one could do,
> suggestions?

It should just use an alist of (DND-TYPE . FUNCTION) pairs so the user can
define his own preferences (in the case where there's some subtyping, e.g., I
see you checking if the data is `some text type', you could look for more
specific type in the alist first, and if not found, look for a more generic
supertype like`text').

Personally, I'd like URLs to be just inserted, as I _very_ often want to copy
a url from mozilla into a mail message or something, and having such an
alist would make it simple for me to implement this.

-Miles
--
Yo mama's so fat when she gets on an elevator it HAS to go down.