eshell/pcomplete suggestion: indicator for completion cycling

From: Kai Grossjohann
Subject: eshell/pcomplete suggestion: indicator for completion cycling
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2004 09:54:29 +0100

I think that I might like completion cycling, as implemented by
default in eshell.  But I always get confused whether cycling is
happening or not.

So I think it would be useful to have a visual indicator that shows
whether TAB performed cycling or not.  For example, a momentary string
display at point could be used, or the (text) cursor could change
color, or the inserted text could have some face.

What do people think?

Kai