Re: Info enhancements

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Info enhancements
Date: 08 Dec 2003 14:43:37 -0500

> Nobody seems to be considering a format line
>   * foo: Node (line 42).       A short description.

> which I and at least one other person thought would be
> more natural and clear.

But indices are a funny kind of menu where there's a lot of space between
`foo' and `Node' and where there is typically no `a short description'.
I.e. it looks like:

  * foo:                               Node.

so your proposal is to use

  * foo:                               Node (line 42).

which is not aesthetically very different from

  * foo:                               Node. (line 42)

or

  * foo:                               Node.  Line 42.

It does have the difference that it puts the line info in the
"location" part of the reference, which is probably a good thing.

        Stefan