Re: Info enhancements

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Info enhancements
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2003 12:44:56 -0600 (CST)

Richard Stallman wrote:

         Note that nodes `Building Lists' and
          `Creating Strings' are very large, so user must spend a significant
          amount of time to locate this place.

   When a node is so large that it is a pain to find something in it,
   we should try to split it up.  Would someone like to try to split these?

I will take a look at those two.  However these two are not even the
largest nodes in the Elisp manual.  `Creating Strings' has 204 lines,
`Building Lists' 252 lines.  Many sections have more than 204 and a
few have more than 252.  For instance, `Window frame parameters' has
338 lines, `Coding Conventions' has 347.

Probably everything above 100 lines, certainly above 150, can be
inconvenient to search if only one single paragraph in the middle or
the end is referenced.  I believe we can not get all sections below
150 lines.  So there definitely seems to be some need for using
@anchor.

Sincerely,

Luc.