Re: Info enhancements

From: Kai Grossjohann
Subject: Re: Info enhancements
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2003 14:49:52 +0000

>> From: Kai Grossjohann <address@hidden>
>> Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2003 21:01:11 +0000
>>
>> > * electric-future-map:                   A Sample Variable Description.
>> >                                            (line 999)
>>
>> Actually, I found find it nice if the "(line 999)" part would align
>> with all the other line numbers that aren't on extra lines.  What do
>> people think?
>
> I tend to agree.  The question is, as always, is it feasible to force
> makeinfo to do that?

Oh, I think I misunderstood.  I thought the original suggestion was to
have makeinfo automatically put "(line 999)" on a new line.  In that
case, I didn't expect that the number of leading spaces (or tabs?) on
that line would make a lot of difference.  (And computing the right
number of spaces to make sure that the ")" is in column 78 doesn't
seem difficult.)

I guess there is some other issue that I'm not seeing.

Kai