Re: Are there plans for a multi-threaded Emacs?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Are there plans for a multi-threaded Emacs?
Date: 04 Dec 2003 10:41:48 -0500

> Dynamic binding causes no trouble for multiple threads if each thread has
> its own binding stack and switching threads swaps the bindings.

That works fine in "normal" dynamically-scoped languaged.
But can we really do that in elisp ?
I mean, how could we make it work in my example of let-binding a buffer-local
variable such as `default-directory' and then switching buffers back and
forth ?  I know such cases are rare but do exist.
Maybe there's a way, but I haven't been able to figure it out ?

        Stefan