Re: The display margin

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: The display margin
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 21:11:53 +0000

 > It's not necessary to have a display margin -- as clicking on the left
 > fringe will also generate an event to toggle the breakpoint ...
 > provided that the buffer's local-map is setup to the
 > gud-minor-mode-map.
 >
 > So once you click in the fringe to set a breakpoint, you can open the
 > margin.

Thats interesting. If I try this with M-x gdb (and presumably any other
debugger in GUD) it doesn't open the margin (as these don't currently display
breakpoint icons) but it does set a breakpoint. However, clicking at the same
location on the fringe in this case it doesn't seem to toggle the breakpoint
but sets another one on the same line.

Can gdb-mouse-toggle-breakpoint be modified so that it works in the fringe
for these debuggers too?

    Nick                                         http://www.nick.uklinux.net