Re: Changes to Texinfo DTD

From: Robert J. Chassell
Subject: Re: Changes to Texinfo DTD
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 02:10:59 +0000 (UTC)

Nic Ferrier <address@hidden> wrote

   Method 1.
   a) patch makeinfo so the XML output can be chunked.

This sounds the best in the long run.  Some one should be able to take
your code in ten years time and work with it usefully, for some
purpose you never thought of.

   Method 2.
   a) use a command line XSLT tool such as xsltproc (from the GNOME
      libxml2 project: http://www.xmlsoft.org) to chunk AND style to HTML
      the output of makeinfo --xml.
      The styling would be as method 1, part c.

How is this different from the existing `makeinfo --html' which also
does chunking and styling to HTML?

Without knowing much about `xsltproc', the method scares me.  Does
this method enable me to use keybindings in Mozilla to navigate via
regexp searching within a document that is spread over multiple files?
If so, good and I stop being scared.  Indeed, then the suggestion
becomes very attractive.  But if not, it is a distraction.

    http://www.teak.cc                             address@hidden