Re: Suggestion: go to bottom of mail message

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: Suggestion: go to bottom of mail message
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 20:55:07 +0900 (JST)

In article <address@hidden>, "Ehud Karni" <address@hidden> writes:
> I recently noticed that I frequently need to go to the end of a mail
> message, so I wrote `rmail-summary-end-of-message' and assigned it
> to ";" in `rmail-summary-mode-map'. In the process I noticed that
> `rmail-summary-beginning-of-message' uses (beginning-of-buffer) so I
> changed it to (goto-char (point-min)).

I like the idea of the new command
rmail-summary-end-of-message too.

Three points:

(1) How about also making the new command
rmail-end-of-message in RMAIL mode.

(2) I've just noticed that
rmail-summary-beginning-of-message works slightly
differently than rmail-beginnig-of-message.  The formar
moves point to the really beginning of a message, but the
latter moves point to the beginning of a BODY of a message.
I think the latter is better because the former can be done
by ESC <.  So, shouldn't we change
rmail-summary-beginning-of-message?

(3) I prefer the key "/" than ";" for
rmail[-summary]-end-of-message because "/" is usually just
right of "." but ";" is usually right upper of ".".  As "."
moves point to the beggining, it seems strange to type the
upper key to move point to the end.  By the way, for me the
ideal keys are:
  "," go to the beginning
  "." go to the end
because my fingers already got used to "ESC <" and "ESC >",
and "," and "<", "." and ">" are on the same keys.

---
Ken'ichi HANDA
address@hidden