Re: BIG5-HKSCS?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: BIG5-HKSCS?
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 00:15:46 -0500

    I think there is some confusion here; the sender address is not the
    same as adding a Reply-To header, which I believe you refer to.  I
    agree using a mailing list software that add a Reply-To header that
    point to the mailing list itself is just wrong.  But altering the
    sender address to the mailing list software itself avoids a torrent of
    bounces to everyone that sends a message to the list.

You are right, I did misunderstand that point.  Sorry.

    I think it would be best to make address@hidden a proper
    mail.gnu.org mailing list.

It is a proper mailing list now, just not managed through mailman.

I have no opinion on whether to use mailman to manage that list,
but I strongly object to the idea that there is something less
valid or less proper about defining a mailing list as an alias.