Re: ls-lisp and remote files

From: Lars Hansen
Subject: Re: ls-lisp and remote files
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2003 15:25:16 +0100

Stefan Monnier wrote:

I think we should simply switch to user-names, but if compatibility
is a problem, we can just provide an additional argument to select
between the two behaviors.

Just switching to names rather than numbers for user id and group id sounds appealing to me -- then we wouldn't have to introduce an additional parameter to file-attributes and directory-files-and-attributes.

What is most important here, simplicity or compatibility?