Re: terminal escapes in Info files?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: terminal escapes in Info files?
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 23:43:18 +0200

> From: David Kastrup <address@hidden>
> Date: 29 Oct 2003 20:47:46 +0100
>
> I think the first sensible step would be to augment the HTML
> generating scripts in the texinfo distribution so as to include the
> _complete_ information available in info file format, probably as
> some tags usually ignored by typical HTML browsers.

HTML browsers don't ignore anything, they just don't have commands to
look up menus generated for indices, and don't have search commands
that look up entire documents, not only single pages.

I may be forgetting something, but in general I don't think there's
some Texinfo markup we don't put into HTML as we do into Info format.