Re: Two GTK related feature requests

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: Re: Two GTK related feature requests
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 15:44:43 +0200

Luc Teirlinck <address@hidden> writes:

> Does C-Mouse-1 not do what you want, except that one does not stare at
> that information all the time, but why would one want to be staring at
> it all the time, instead of just when one needs it?

Tabs speed up user interaction, but otherwise I guess it is the same.
In the same sense, typing M-x switch-to-buffer RET is also the same,
but perhaps you appreciate the improvement in C-Mouse-1 compared to
M-x switch-to-buffer RET.

Btw, I think I found a bug in the GTK port of C-Mouse-1: press
C-Mouse-1 and then select the top-level '-----' line to nail the menu
to the desktop.  The menu is nailed down, but pressing any of the
items doesn't do anything.