Re: Two GTK related feature requests

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Two GTK related feature requests
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 05:25:50 -0400

    * "Tabbed editing".  People using modern web browsers will know what I
      mean.  It is very addictive.  Essentially it would add buttons at
      the top of the Emacs window, one button for each buffer.  Clicking
      on one button will change focus to that buffer.  Each tab may also
      have a X button that kill that buffer.  There are several details to
      be sorted out, e.g., should the tab be per-window or per-frame?

It is clear how this would work when you have just a few buffers, but
what about when you have 50?  We need to finish designing this feature
before implementing it.