Two GTK related feature requests

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: Two GTK related feature requests
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 06:09:06 +0200

* "Tabbed editing".  People using modern web browsers will know what I
  mean.  It is very addictive.  Essentially it would add buttons at
  the top of the Emacs window, one button for each buffer.  Clicking
  on one button will change focus to that buffer.  Each tab may also
  have a X button that kill that buffer.  There are several details to
  be sorted out, e.g., should the tab be per-window or per-frame?  Per
  frame is more traditional, but per-window might be useful.  I
  suspect GTK have read-made widgets for tabbed applications.

* Elisp GTK bindings.  To be able to build good user interfaces from
  elisp, some kind of access to GTK directly from Elisp would be
  necessary.  Some of the GTK widgets would be very useful in, e.g.,
  Gnus.

Alas, I don't have time to implement these, but thought I should
mention them.