Re: windows-1251 language environment

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: windows-1251 language environment
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 18:16:42 +0900

    Stefan> I've never seen anyone do that.  Instead, people do:

    Stefan>    (set-language-environment "foo")
    Stefan>    (prefer-coding-system 'bar)
    Stefan>    (setq default-input-method "baz")

On my Windows box I have three Japanese environments.  One is for
TRAMPed files from my Linux host where the coding system is EUC, the
second is native and Shift-JIS, and the third can be used on either
with UTF-8.  I also fiddle the coding priority list more generally,
although I'm not sure that is really needed.  Pretty soon I hope to
add Korean to the list of needed environments (Japanese serves well
enough for English and Lisp).

It would be nice to be able to do all the changes with one
set-language-environment (usually invoked from the menubar) call.