Re: Window manager decorations

From: Jan D.
Subject: Re: Window manager decorations
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2003 19:46:48 +0200 (CEST)

Hello.

I'd like to make a change that will determine the type of WM at runtime.
However, to do so, I will change the fullscreen move routines to something
more generic (i.e. compensate for any kind of move, not just to 0, 0).

As I see it w32 also uses the FULLSCREEN_MOVE_WAIT emum value.  But
is it really needed? Is x_check_fullscreen_move needed at all on w32?  The
reason I ask is I have the impression that w32 does not have any window
managers at all (or just one depending on how you see it).  Therefore the
behaviour should be consistent.

I think only X needs this adjustment, so I'd prefer to keep the relevant
new parts in the x output structure.  This means that FULLSCREEN_MOVE_WAIT
would also be moved and renamed to something in xterm.h only.  This will
break w32 build, so I'd like to know how to fix it again (remove
x_check_fullscreen_move or keep the renamed name in the generic frame
structure).  BTW, I do not have the capability to build on w32.

Thanks,

        Jan D.