Re: current CVS bootstrap broken?

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: current CVS bootstrap broken?
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 18:03:26 +0100

Sam Steingold wrote:

[this is _after_ I added (load "emacs-lisp/derived") to loadup because
it was complaining on autoloading define-derived-mode during loadup]

I noticed quite a few non-interactive functions and defvars have had autoload cookies added lately. I can see the point of autoload cookies for interactive functions, and maybe some defcustoms, but I am not sure of the value of bloating loaddefs.el by autoloading non-interactive functions. I had some problems with bootstrapping and parse-time-string last night, which I didn't have time to debug fully, but I think it might be caused by the removal of a require for parse-time and addition of an autoload cookie instead.