Re: arch taglines for emacs

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: arch taglines for emacs
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 21:38:35 -0400

    My tentative plan is to do as you've suggested, and use this format for
    C code:

       /* arch-tag: ID-CONTENTS
          (don't change this comment) */

    and then later when `arch-id:' is implemented, change to using:

       /* arch-id: "ID-CONTENTS" */

    As long as you (Tom) are pretty sure the proposal for arch-id: will not
    change in any way significant enough to screw up compatibility, this
    seems like the most practical method.

Doing things in two steps like that is ok with me.