Re: :format strings in Custom ending in %h

From: Per Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: :format strings in Custom ending in %h
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 20:30:05 +0200

Luc Teirlinck <address@hidden> writes:

> I guess that after applying this patch `widget-children-value-delete'
> will become a pretty redundant value for :value-delete, essentially
> equivalent with `ignore'.

Yes, if we apply this patch we probably also should change all these
values, mark widget-children-value-delete as obsolete (and inline the
code in widget-default-delete), and document this property of :buttons
and :children somewhere.

But I don't know if there is some code that depend on :buttons and
:children *not* being deleted recursively.  Maybe applying the patch
will be the easiest way to find out.

Oh, and we probably should find other places where :buttons and
:children are deleted (now) reduntantly, and adjust those.