Re: desktop

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: desktop
Date: 19 Aug 2003 15:23:44 +0900

Alex Schroeder <address@hidden> writes:
> > Then emacs started asking questions when I exited -- `Save desktop?'
> > `Where?'
>
> I think you must be confusing something.

Almost certainly.... :-)

Anyway, _somehow_ `desktop-enable' got set to t in my customization
variables (I don't even remember doing this), and desktop proceeded to
ask the above questions whenever I exited; I didn't know how to answer
them properly (even if I answered `y' to the save-desktop question, it
then asked me _where_ which I didn't know how to answer), so it never
stopped asking.

I eventually realized where these questions where coming from and used
customize to turn it off, and the questions stopped, but I presume if
this is any indication, turning it on by default would confuse people
like me...

-miles
--
We live, as we dream -- alone....