Re: [Savannah-hackers] Savannah NEEDS sftp; suggestions and offer of hel

From: Jonathan Walther
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Savannah NEEDS sftp; suggestions and offer of help
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 09:30:52 -0700

On Fri, Aug 01, 2003 at 10:48:37AM +0100, Jaime E. Villate wrote:
On Fri, Aug 01, 2003 at 12:49:19AM -0700, Jonathan Walther wrote:
Without sftp, I cannot use arch with my Savannah projects.  Two of my
projects depend on the arch revision system to be practical.
I request that Savannah upgrade the OpenSSH version from 3.4p1-0.0woody1
to 3.6.1p2-4.  I hope that will fix the problem.

The best I have been able to do was to update from 3.4p1-0.0woody1 to
3.4p1-1

Upgrading to 3.6.1p2-4 requires upgrading 32 packages, including the C
libraries and that is very risky. It would have to be done by someone who can
at least restart the server if necessary.

The risk seems low; I and other Debian developers have been using the
current C libraries for a couple weeks now and they are working nicely.

Thanks.
do you already have a username in Savannah and have submitted the public
key for your server? if you don't, please send me the public key and I'll give
you access.

I have the username "djw".  I have uploaded my ssh version 1 public key.
Is there another key I need to upload?

We can schedule a meeting in #savannah at irc.gnu.org. When are you available?

I just got called out for an emergency at my organic garden on the other
side of town.  I should be back within three hours.  How about I email
you then?  I can be reached by email, or at the phone number in the
signature of this email.  I will leave my client idling in #savannah on
irc.gnu.org.  I look forward to seeing you there when I get back.

and we'd be very grateful if you could solve the sftp issue which has puzzled
us for quite some time.

And I'll be grateful for being given the opportunity :-)

Future emails will be to you only; henceforth I'm trimming the Cc list.

Cheers!

Jonathan

--

It's not true unless it makes you laugh, but you don't understand it until it makes you weep.

                    Geek House Productions, Ltd.

Phone:   604-435-1205
Email:   address@hidden
Webpage: http://reactor-core.org
Address: 2459 E 41st Ave, Vancouver, BC  V5R2W2