Re: emacs floating point error during dump?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: emacs floating point error during dump?
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2003 09:21:49 -0400

> Anyone else see this when compiling CVS emacs?
>
>    LC_ALL=C ./temacs -batch -l loadup dump
>    emacs: Invalid hash table rehash size: 5.30239915e-315
>    make[1]: *** [emacs] Error 1

My GC changes mostly affect handling of floating point values, so
it sounds like a good candidate.  But the above is useless for any
serious debugging, of course.

I'm trying to install my GC patches in small increments so that binary
search in the version space can point to reasonably small changes.
Please try to find out which patch to alloc.c leads to the above problem
(if any).  Also we need backtrace and stuff, of course.

Also don't forget that the makefile dependency rules for lisp.h are
missing, so you need to `rm src/*.o' because I've changed the representation
of floating point numbers.

        Stefan