Re: etc/TODO:Horizontal scrollbar

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: etc/TODO:Horizontal scrollbar
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2003 11:48:19 -0400

    It really did not look nice to me. There is a modeline and then you have
    scrollbar.

It seems that the horizontal scroll bar should be above the mode line.

               It was cluttring when you use the mini-buffer.

I don't understand that part; you said how you felt about the
behavior, but not what the specific behavior you saw.

    Could we use the modeline as a scrollbar instead of coming up with a real
    horizontal scroll bar?

That is a bizarre idea, worth thinking about.  We could put arrows
into the mode line that could be used for scrolling.  That would be
fairly easy, I think.  However, it can't be an actual scroll bar,
since there is no room to display a slider.