Re: x-popup-dialog in gtk emacs

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: x-popup-dialog in gtk emacs
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 13:43:30 -0400

    I think it should be an error to create dialogs without buttons, but
    some people seem to be arguing against that on the basis that it
    hasn't been an error in the past.

If programs did this intentionally, that means it must be useful for
something.  If people can show me a case where it is useful, that will
convince me it should not be an error.  If it is never useful, then
any programs that did it in the past must have done it by mistake.