Re: FW: shell: cd after &

From: Rajesh Vaidheeswarran
Subject: Re: FW: shell: cd after &
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 11:52:19 -0400 (EDT)

One of the issues that I have always found to be clunky with the existing
cwd tracking in shell is its inability to track the pwd after every command,
not just explicit directory commands.

For instance, I use a program called `workon' extensively to work with
different cvs modules. The program sets the pertinent environment variables
and exec a shell and puts the user in the root of the cvs module.

When I use this within emacs, I typically do something like

% workon emacs
% cd `pwd`

for emacs to understand the current directory.

Of course, I don't have any suggestions on how this can be solved.
Anyway, I guess the current change in question is a step in the right
direction.