Re: recentf new feature proposal

From: David Ponce
Subject: Re: recentf new feature proposal
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2003 20:50:24 +0200

What worries me is duplicating this kind of functionality. There are

Agreed.  Duplication is bad.
I suggest David try and use saveplace.el for a while and if something's
amiss with it, he should try and improve it so that everybody benefits.

Good suggestion!  I will do that and see...

As for using several files, rather than a single one, it might be a good
point, but that sounds like an argument to get recentf and saveplace
to better cooperate rather than to reimplement saveplace in recentf.

That make sense.  May be I will be able to suggest some enhancement after
using the two libraries for a while ;-)

Thanks for your feedback!

David