Re: Divergence in menu appearance between Emacs Info and standalone Info

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Divergence in menu appearance between Emacs Info and standalone Info
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2003 13:02:39 -0400

    Even if it is decided to retain note hiding in the Emacs version and
    that the standalone version is not going to be changed very soon, I
    still would need to know, before rewriting the manual, whether we are
    going to reimplement note hiding by using Stefan's suggestion or by
    deletion, whether Info-hide-note-references is going to keep getting
    supported and in which form and so on.

Precisely how we implement this feature internally in Emacs Info
makes no difference to the manual.  The only real question is whether
we have get rid of the refilling in Emacs Info because we cannot make
it work entirely correctly.  But that shouldn't affect what you say
about menus.

Meanwhile, the standalone Info won't change in the short term.