Re: MML charset tag regression

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: MML charset tag regression
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2003 13:55:55 +0300

> From: Dave Love <address@hidden>
> Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2003 23:04:10 +0100
>
> "Eli Zaretskii" <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > It was intended to explain why the code was built on top of the
> > existing ctext en/decoder.
>
> But that's not at issue.

In that case, how about making a point of explaining what's at issue
in a manner that will make it clear to us mere mortals?  Please don't
assume that everybody else can guess what you regard as being ``at
issue'' from a short sentence that disguises more than it reveals.

> > I'm sorry it wasn't helpful, but given the attitude, perhaps I
> > shouldn't be surprised.
>
> The only attitude involved is trying to do as well as possible for
> multilingual support in fairly trying circumstances.

If that was supposed to be an apology (as in ``sorry, I was
misunderstood''), then I accept it.

[The facts remain that there isn't a piece of Mule-related code in
Emacs I've written during the last few years that was not attacked by
you at some point.  "Carthaginem esse delendam" is an attitude that
comes to mind.]