Re: Idea for compilation mode

From: Stephan Stahl
Subject: Re: Idea for compilation mode
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 15:31:44 +0200

Andreas Schwab <address@hidden> wrote:

> Stephan Stahl <address@hidden> writes:
>
> |> My point was not to replace C-x ` but to add some keybindings to make
> compile
> |> mode better. When compiling i think one is often in the compile buffer and
>
> |> could surely use this bindings.
>
> When you are inside the compilation buffer you can hit RET to jump to an
> error.

When i first replied to this thread my idea was only to add a few key bindings
to compile mode. Like C-c C-r for recompile, C-c C-g for grep and C-c C-c for
compile. And to extend compile mode to handle errors and warnings different and
to provide key bindings for those.

Someone else started that C-x ` -replacement-thing. I do not have much of a
opinion about that. It was suggestest to use C-x C-n instead if only few people
want to use its current binding set-goal-column. I added that it then would be
nice to use C-x C-p  for previous-error. C-x C-p has a binding at the moment
(mark-page) which could/should be moved to C-x p which is free at the moment
and which would then be similar to C-x h (mark-whole-buffer).

So i have to say thanks for pointing out to use RET but i know that allready.
Maybe my previous messages were not clear enough. Sorry for the confusion.

--
Stephan Stahl