Re: Bold by moving pixels problem

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Bold by moving pixels problem
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2003 06:58:02 -0400

    That's not quite accurate.  The updating is about as immediate with
    my synchronous signal handler as it is with the current async
    signal handler, because it can take place any time QUIT is used,
    which means "also in the middle of elisp code".

Please forgive my confusion.

    I've been running with synchronous signal handlers since I mentioned
    it on this list and I'm pretty happy with it.

I think it would be good for more people to try it.