Re: Problems with info (emacs version)

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: Re: Problems with info (emacs version)
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2003 21:46:05 +0200

Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:

> On Tue, Jun 03, 2003 at 09:15:57PM +0200, Simon Josefsson wrote:
>> The message-hidden-headers feature uses invisible text.  Perhaps
>> someone could implement your idea and run with it for a while, to see
>> if there are other things that use invisible text in message buffers.
>
> According to other posts in this thread, I was confused -- emacs _already_
> strips invisible properties on yank by default (so I guess it's not a
> problem!).

Hm.  I frequently yank text from info, and the invisible property does
not seem to be stripped.  To test, I yank part of info dir buffer:

GNU utilities
* idn: (libidn)Invoking idn.                          Command line interface to
GNU Libidn.

The first line looks bold in this buffer.  The last line looks like "*
idn Command ...".  Same if I yank to *scratch*.  When I send this mail
it will changed into "* idn: (libidn)Invoking idn.  Command ...".

This is with Gnus and message, but I tried M-x mail too and it behaved
the same.