Re: S-backspace

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: S-backspace
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 20:10:17 -0500 (CDT)

Oliver Scholz wrote:

   But I'd vote against binding `kill-whole-line' to
   `S-M-<backspace>'. The penalty for clumsy fingers is way to high. I'd
   have to be carefule and assure that I set my fingers right in order
   to use this command -- which means that it would me more inconvenient
   and complicated than `C-a C-k C-k', so I won't use it.

   [C-S-<backspace>, or still better: `C-S-k' is fine, IMO.]

C-S-<backspace> is probably safer than S-M-<backspace>.

C-S-k is more intuitive.  However, are there people who actually use
the Caps Lock key?  Because C-S-k might give them trouble.

Sincerely,

Luc.