Re: S-backspace

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: S-backspace
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 13:06:00 -0400

> Yes, but conflicts with window managers are difficult to avoid.  I
> believe that a good window manager should make rebinding keys
> convenient.  I rebound many of the standard sawfish bindings from Meta
> to Super to avoid conflicts with Emacs.  I know how to disable the X
> command C-M-backspace (which I do not want to do), but somehow, I do
> not know how to rebind it (to something much more difficult to hit by
> accident).

I have disabled this "feature" (because I simply plug an old text-terminal
into my serial port, login, and kill the X-server, when I need the
functionality).
But before disabling it, I played tricks: the key combo is actually
control-alt-backspace and it obeys xmodmap (which I found odd), so by
having both an alt and a meta, I got to use M-C-backspace in Emacs
and C-A-backspace to kill the server.

        Stefan "longing for a remappable C-A-backspace and for an
                similar hotkey to `kill the app that grabbed the
                damn mouse/server/keyboard'"