Re: S-backspace

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: S-backspace
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 17:46:13 +0200

Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:

> On Tue, May 27, 2003 at 10:06:53AM -0400, Rajesh Vaidheeswarran wrote:
>> I believe <M-S-backspace> is already bound, in X window systems, to shutdown
>> the X server... so, it might be a bad idea.
>
> That's Ctl-Alt-backspace -- but hmmm, may be a bit too close for comfort...

No, C-M-<backspace> is by default bound to backward-kill-sexp.

I've killed by X server often :-/
Then I frobbed /etc/X11/XF86Config-4.

Such are the joys of unknown kbd mappings.  I still fondly remember
the day when I, used to Sun keyboards which have separate Meta and
Alt keys, came to a PC running Unixware and olvwm.  I typed a news
posting and then I hit M-q.  Emacs disappeared.  So I typed the news
posting again and then hit C-h k M-q to figure out why did Emacs
disappear.  Emacs disappeared.

I was doing this in front of a friend's Emacs.  He then said he never
uses M-q because he has F5.  (His own keybinding.)

</offtopic>

Sorry for the rant...
--
This line is not blank.