Re: invisible text and point

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: invisible text and point
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 00:03:39 -0500 (CDT)

>From my earlier message:

   There are worse things going on which only happen in the presence of
   invisible text and only in 21.3.50, which I strongly suspect (even
   though I am not 100% sure) to be related to the same change.

   Do, say C-u C-x =, which pops up a new window.

   Move that window upward with mouse-1.  No problem until we hit that
   same spot with the invisible text.  There Emacs goes in an infinite
   loop, apparently in the C code.  C-g is no help.

This bug also requires (setq scroll-conservatively 1000).  Both
infinite loops depend on that. Again, sorry for forgetting to mention
that.  Also make sure that point in the info buffer is on that
particular "*".

Sincerely,

Luc.