Re: S-backspace

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: S-backspace
Date: Sun, 25 May 2003 19:57:00 -0400

On Mon, May 26, 2003 at 01:01:57AM +0200, Alex Schroeder wrote:
> In the new CVS, <S-backspace> runs the command kill-whole-line.
> I'm hitting it about twice a day by accident, confusing me.
> Can we reconsider this recent keybinding addition?

Yeah, I also find shift is somewhat easier to hit accidentally than other
modifiers, presumably because it usually has no effect, so my fingers have
gotten into the habit of not releasing it very quickly after entering shifted
letter.  So for instance if I accidentally enter `M' when I meant to enter
`m', I tend to hit the DEL key while my brain is still processing the
`release shift' concept, so end up hitting S-DEL about 50% of the time...

-Miles
--
Ich bin ein Virus. Mach' mit und kopiere mich in Deine .signature.