Re: bug in forward-visible-line: Patch

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: bug in forward-visible-line: Patch
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 18:38:38 -0500 (CDT)

I did not notice this before, but there is already a Lisp function that
tries to implement the functionality we have been discussing.  It is
incorrect, however:

(defun line-move-invisible (pos)
  "Return non-nil if the character after POS is currently invisible."
  (let ((prop
   (get-char-property pos 'invisible)))
    (if (eq buffer-invisibility-spec t)
    prop
      (or (memq prop buffer-invisibility-spec)
        (assq prop buffer-invisibility-spec)))))

One needs a dolist of the type I used if one wants to implement this
correctly in Lisp.  But as you suggested, it might be better to use
the C implementation.

Sincerely,

Luc.