X Weirdness

From: Bob Halley
Subject: X Weirdness
Date: 22 May 2003 14:43:35 -0700

I've noticed two bits of X weirdness, only with emacs (CVS head),
since upgrading to RH 9.

First, the mouse cursor doesn't change to the i-bar cursor when it
enters a buffer's window, except when you enter from the bottom,
crossing over the mode line.  In all other cases, the cursor is the
resizing cursor for whichever boundary you crossed.  I think this
happened with RH 8 too, though I'm not sure.

The second weirdness relates to control-V.  Under conditions which I
haven't yet been able to identify, emacs executes the control-V, and
then lets the key event go through to the root window.  I know the
root is getting it, since it puts up a little "control-V" window
telling you it got a keypress it didn't understand.  When this
happens, the next control-V you type has no effect in emacs.  If I
find a recipe for reproducing this one, I'll be sure to pass it on!

/Bob