Re: movemail on Debian

From: Dave Love
Subject: Re: movemail on Debian
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 17:59:33 +0100

>     I'd rather leave it to the movemail maintainer or someone else.  [It
>     still needs re-writing so the locking mechanism is selectable at
>     runtime, as discussed some time ago, which is the reason I don't use
>     it.]
>
> I don't know if anyone else will do it.  A run-time decision is the
> right thing, but your change would be better than nothing.  So could
> you adapt it to the trunk and install it, please?

I've done this, with a heavy heart, but I still don't know for sure
it's right.

> Someone else can always improve it later, if we find someone to do it.

Why isn't movemail maintained with, or integrated into, mailutils?  It
would presumably be a trivial job to assemble it from mailutils
components, and then would get things like APOP support automatically
(currently missing and what I need to fetch mail from GNU, for
instance).