Re: [Suggestion] New function `emacs-version>='

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: [Suggestion] New function `emacs-version>='
Date: Fri, 09 May 2003 07:19:13 -0400

     - What's the official way to distinguish Emacs-21.2 from the Emacs-21.3
       pre-releases (Emacs-21.2.9x)?

There isn't one; I don't think we don't need one.

     - What's the official way to distinguish Emacs-21.3 from the current
       development versions (Emacs-21.3.50.X)?

There isn't one, and perhaps it would be useful to have one.
Perhaps if we implement emacs-version>= you could test for a version
larger than 21.3.  (This assumes that the third version number
created by dumping does not count.)