Re: Rationale for split-string?

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Rationale for split-string?
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 10:27:47 -0500 (CDT)

I interpreted your original message as suggesting that I was a
hypocrite (and that other people involved with Emacs were hypocrites)
because I was worrying about breaking existing code now, whereas
nobody connected with Emacs development worried about breaking
existing code four years ago.  (The answer to that is that I did not
subscribe to Emacs devel four years ago and that I represent my own
opinions, not other people's opinions.)

I am willing to believe that you did not mean to suggest the above, in
which case I overreacted to your message.  Sorry.

Sincerely,

Luc.