Re: Gtk scrollbar: thumb too short

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: Gtk scrollbar: thumb too short
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2003 10:56:51 +0200

Luc Teirlinck <address@hidden> writes:

> Kai Grossjohann wrote:
>
>    So, how about using different bg color for the
>    part of the trough that corresponds to overscrolling?
>
> If you use character based counting, there is no such part of the
> trough.  The overscrolled piece contains no characters and hence has
> size 0 on the trough.

??

With the old Gtk scrollbar behavior, you can scroll end of buffer to
the last window line, and then there will be some area of the trough
visible below the thumb.

I was suggesting to color this area.  It is clearly non-empty, as
anyone can see by trying out the Gtk scrollbar.  (I changed back from
Gtk to the native scrollbar some days ago, so if the Gtk scrollbar
changed in the last 4 days, then disregard my ranting...)
--
file-error; Data: (Opening input file no such file or directory ~/.signature)